analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Challenge of Endurance
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) posts if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden posts if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 45 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
44. 100! - October 11, '19 at 08:58 am, 10 users, 23 days 20 hours 57 minutes.
sciller45 (3), charlesjoseph , disastermaster30, Bears Bears Bears, robsob20061017, Yellowcat , Hunter902 , armorplayergc , bensonbeagle, meaosome
45. 100! - May 09, '20 at 00:03 am, 13 users, 50 days 6 hours 5 minutes.
disastermaster30 (1), RebelGamer_98, Bears_Bears_Bears , red303 , Yellowcat (1), armorplayergc , ismael6, sciller45 (3), Hunter902 , akshobhya , GhostOfMatrix , lozerfac3, SpiritTaker
- 76,758 Replies
38. Actually, the protocol is called Peer to Peer(P2P). It's a legal protocol that has found many legit uses throughout the world. Bittorent on the other hand, is a software(not a protocol) that utilises this protocol.
39. Nah, Bittorrent is the protocol. P2P is a *kind* of file sharing that has computers both take and send information to others. A peer to another peer vs a server to a client. P2P is just a... concept, and BitTorrent is just one of many protocols.
BitTorrent is *also* the name of the client that uses the BitTorrent protocol. Which is wonderful, and I can't imagine any confusion coming from that fact.
40. Considering how my computer was bonked by a virus a few days ago I think I'll stay away from that kind of stuff.
41. Man, that's confusing. With any luck, I should be able to take a computer science course so I can be taught all the sick tips and tricks that computer gods use
42. Measome, that's not even remotely how it works.
43. Sure it is! Sadly, the computer wizards live on a remote mountain in Tibet. Sadly, they require anyone entering their lair to recognize Tibet as a country, and I hear the Chinese won't like that. Ah...
But once you're there, you're all good! They teach you to breathe from your diaphragm, to harness your qi, and of course, to press Tab-E while having the "enter computer" dragon shout equipped
Oh, yeah, and you'll also need to kill a Chinese dragon to harvest its soul. I'm sure the Chinese will be *especially* happy about that. Ah. They still send assassins every once in a while.
It requires much effort and concentration, but perhaps one day you will ascend to computer godhood, just like the great Zuse. Sadly, only he, Konrad Zuse knows how to ascend to godhood for now...
44. I could really use some of those wizards right now, it's a shame I can't travel anywhere right now, let alone Tibet.
45. I hope measome didn't get banned again although it looks like it. That kid... Can't write 5 posts without swearing.
46. Now that meaosome has served his 10 day prison sentence, I think we can get back to this.
47. You're halfway there! Carry on!
48. The forums died completely. 2 Posts in 20 days. Sad.
49. Yeah, I just thought about that last night. Came here 'cause as sure as... gosh diddly darn heck... I wasn't going to let [Adjective][Noun] be the last poster!
Ooh, by the way, Halrazor! One time I got banned for a week for mentioning your name. You know, Hal can stand in for a nasty swear word we're not allowed to say, and I used what I can only guess is your name in such a nasty way. I apologise for that.
Y'all think we should make a memorial? I'm thinking of making a memorial. One final great long post to let everyone who ever participated know it's over.
50. That sounds like a nice idea! Feels bittersweet letting go though ;(
51. That's truly sad to see. I practically grew up on this site. I didn't have friends through much of my teenage years so I'd spend countless hours on here, where the closest thing I had to friends were. So sad to see it truly dying
52. Small, free browser games have basically died. No one makes small fun projects for browsers anymore. Most now make apps for phones or have transitioned to steam making payed games. It's the end of an era.
You must be logged in to post a reply!